Friday, January 17, 2014

Review of Book: The Five Dysfunctions of a Team : A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni

The Five Dysfunctions of a Team : A Leadership Fable 

by Patrick Lencioni, 2002

My Rating 4/5

    Though it was published 12 years ago, this is timeless classic. Simple one to read and contains very powerful ideas on how individuals can overcome dysfunctions common to any team. It may seem a bit idealistic in this highly competitive world but if teams can follow the simple principles outlined in the book, I am sure any team can achieve wonders!

    Five things every team should do:
    1. know every one's strengths and weakness and trust each other 
    2. not to avoid conflict and have healthy debate
    3. commit to team decision after considering all opinions
    4. feel collectively accountable for each other's performance/behavior
    5. note that ultimately success of the team that counts

    I have worked on teams that were very productive and also worked on teams that were not so productive. If I look back and think about the why some teams worked so well, the above positive behaviors were probably present.

    Why not try it once to see if it makes a difference in the results. What do we got to lose!

    1 comment:

    1. Really nice blog post.provided a helpful information.I hope that you will post more updates like this Data Science online Course Bangalore

      ReplyDelete